• The successful candidate will join our team as a Specialist for Internal Communication in the Human Resource Department.
• (S)He will report to the HR Business Partner (Non-Commercial Function) and will be responsible for developing an understanding of the company’s goals and values and build commitment to success.
• (S)He will advise on effective internal communications and lead in managing internal change communications working with appropriate teams.
• The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase employee awareness, managing internal communication channels, and keeping employees informed and engaged.
• Develop and implement on an ongoing basis, a companywide internal & change communications strategy that meets organizational objectives and aligns with overall business strategy.
• Develop an understanding of the company’s goals and values, among employees and build commitment to success.
• Gather and disseminate timely information to employees.
• Liaise with Brand and Marketing Communications team to ensure the delivery of a 360-degree Integrated Communications that resonates, informs, and empowers employees to be brand ambassadors
• Measure the effectiveness of internal communications messages and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations to review and amend the strategy as appropriate.
• Manage and monitor Internal Communications program so that internal stakeholders are informed of organizational news, issues and direction and have mechanisms for providing feedback to management.
• Manage internal communications channels and content. Introduce new channels to engage and inform the ongoing process of keeping employees up to date.
• Oversee the production of in-house newsletter and publications, emails, fliers, or memos.
• Play a key role in internal employee events, working with cross functional teams
• Devise strategies and produce content to help align the organization’s goals with the engagement of members or employees.
• Administer and ensure job satisfaction among employees by administering surveys and polls.
• Arrange dynamic team building activities that engage employees together and bolster their work performance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in Human Resources, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Social Sciences, or any other related field
• A member of an HR or Communications professional body will be an added advantage
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar role or in corporate communications, public relations, etc.
• Extensive network with media practitioners and journalists will be an advantage
• To put the communication strategy into practice.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Good writer, excellent content creator for internal newsletters and e-mail communications.
• Excellent presentation skills.
Skills critical to the role:
• Analytical thinker who can recognize trends and opportunities.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in the use of various internal & external Communication channels.
• Experience in developing and executing communication strategies and briefing materials.
• Experience in managing digital/social media channels
• High level of self-motivation
• Attention to details
• Superior negotiating and influencing skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong editorial skills and copy writing
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to: